What do you do when it feels like there’s never enough time to get everything done? Never enough of you to go around? Every mama’s cup empties and needs a refill from time to time. But for parents of kids with special needs, refills can feel extra hard to find. I’m super psyched to kick off the first episode of Mama Rising with 8 specific ideas and tips you can use right now to triage your self-care, even during a chaos or crisis.
How to Listen:
- Stream It Here. Hit “play” on the podcast player embedded below. I’ll post the player in each episode’s show notes right here and on my blog.Click “play” above to listen. If the player isn’t visible, listen directly at SoundCloud.com, or use an app on your phone or tablet. Need more direction? Head on over to How to Listen.
Resources I Mentioned In This Week’s Episode:
- Laura Erdman-Luntz, Awaken to Joy
- Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
- Tangerine Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Go Fund Me
- It’s Hard to Tell When Special Needs Parents Are Drowning
- Nike+ Training Club App
- The Happiness Equation: Want Nothing + Do Anything = Have Everything by Neil Pasricha
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron (meditation)
- Self-Forgiveness Meditation by Jack Kornfield
- Bullet Journal
- Remember the Milk
Talk to Me!